Learn Church History
I’ve been enjoying learning a bit of church history from the weekly podcast, 5 Minutes in Church History with Dr. Stephen Nichols. Right now is a good time for you to check it out.
Special for October 2017
Daily Podcast for the 500th Anniversary of the Protestant Reformation
Every day in October, Dr. Nichols will podcast about the Reformation. Many of the episodes were recorded on location throughout Europe. Because these are short, it would be easy for you to “catch up.” To start on the first episode, “31 Days with Luther,” read the transcript or listen here.
(It’s Pastor Appreciation Month. Why not share this podcast with your pastor?)
Also follow The Sovereign’s weekly series, celebrating Martin Luther’s Musical Legacy
On October 31, 1517, Dr. Martin Luther nailed 95 theses to the church door in Wittenberg, Germany, the beginning of the Protestant Reformation. I’m using the five Sundays of October 2017 to celebrate Luther’s five centuries of influence through music.
- Part 1 – Luther’s Thoughts on Music and the Word of God
- Part 2 – Luther: Composer and Musician
- Part 3 – Luther on Music and Children
- Part 4 – Luther: A Mighty Fortress Is Our God
- Part 5 – Luther and Bach
- The podcast is a ministry of Ligonier Ministries, founded by Dr. R. C. Sproul.
- The image is a screenshot from the website, 5minutesinchurchhistory.com.
- Find more Christian podcasts by checking the left sidebar of The Sovereign’s Resource Page.