In my previous post, I shared my thoughts immediately after the shooting in Aurora, Colorado.
I’ve read some amazing posts by others since then, especially those directly impacted by James Holmes’ actions. I’d like to share these great posts with you. These are all written from Christian families.
Petra Anderson was hit by four shotgun blasts. One bullet entered in through her nose and ended in the back of her brain. She has NO brain damage! Read A Miracle Inside the Aurora Shooting: One Victim’s Story from celtic straits.
Marie and her family were within feet of the shooter, James Holmes, and yet did not take a single bullet. She posted on her blog, A Miniature Clay Pot to her handful of followers and the post went out to millions.
- Here’s her wise perspective on the shooting: So You STILL Think God Is a Merciful God?
- A Note of Explanation is her postscript to the original post to explain a bit of background.
- She had to write a post to “reply” to the 1500 comments that poured in.
My friend, Dena, has a ministry to hurting parents and expresses her concern for James Holmes’ parents. Read Hope Rises from the Ashes of Dark Knight Shooting in Colorado for wise counsel on weathering tragic events.
Update on Jessica Ghawi Story
Brent Lowak shielded Jessica Ghawi (who I quoted in the previous post), but was unable to save her from a second bullet wound to the head. (Read this news article from The San Francisco Chronicle.) You can send encouragement and prayers to Brent on this Facebook page.
Both Brent and Jessica are believers in Jesus. (I use the present tense because Jessica is in another place, with Jesus in Heaven.)
- How to Personally Begin a Relationship with God (everyperson.com)
- Where is God in the Midst of Tragedy? (everyperson.com)
- “Dark Knight Rises” shooting: Three Heroes died in Aurora taking bullets for their girlfriends (nydailynews.com)
- Christian Bale Visits Colorado Shooting Victims (movies.yahoo.com)
- We Must Change (The Sovereign)