“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. Because of the joy awaiting him, he endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now he is seated in the place of honor beside God’s throne. Think of all the hostility he endured from sinful people; then you won’t become weary and give up.”
Why was death on the cross shameful for Christ?
- He was most likely completely naked before a crowd of mockers.
- He was regarded as a criminal when He had never sinned.
- He took our sins by hanging on a tree (see Galatians 3: 12 – 14).
Jesus endured this shame for the joy of bringing you into His presence eternally. He really loves you, His special creation. This moving video, #FallingPlates, artfully expresses His love and what His death on the cross means for you. Please take four minutes to watch and then tell me what you think.
- Find out who Jesus really is (in your language).
- More posts about Easter on this blog and by this author on MikeandSus.org
- The crucifixion image is in the public domain.