On September 24, 2010, the Iska River in Slovenia vanished overnight. Local residents reported hearing crashing noises in the night. Watch CBSNews.com’s video.
God has done this
Why was no one there when I came?
Why didn’t anyone answer when I called?
Is it because I have no power to rescue?
No, that is not the reason!
For I can speak to the sea and make it dry up!
I can turn rivers into deserts covered with dying fish.
God is the all-powerful Creator of the Universe. He certainly can dry up rivers and lakes as He says in Isaiah 50:2.
I obviously wouldn’t know why these events are occuring, but I do have a theory.
The original earth as God created likely had vast reservoirs of subterranean waters. (Also see The Hydroplate Theory and Noah’s Flood.) God apparently will be returning creation to resemble the original creation described in Genesis 1 and 2. In reading through the book of Revelation you can see tremendous physical changes coming upon the earth as Jesus prepares to return. As far as I know, re-establishing the subterranean waters that had erupted during the Flood is not described directly, but could be possible. I recommend reading The Revelation Record by Dr. Henry Morris, founder of the Institute for Creation Research for a fuller understanding of the coming changes in the heavens and the earth.
- March 9, 2011: New Zealand reservoir empties after Christchurch earthquake (video)
- July 14, 2011: River disappears after earthquake in Costa Rico
- May 2007: Chilean lake disappears
- May 20, 2005: Lake disappears in Russia overnight, apparently dragging lakeside trees down with the water
- June 11, 2004: 23-acre lake in Missouri vanishes in a few days