- This is what God has waiting for the wicked person,
- the inheritance that tyrants receive from the Almighty:
- If he has many children, swords will kill them,
- and his descendants won’t have enough food.
- Those who survive him will be buried by a plague,
- and their widows won’t cry for them.
- Though he collects silver like dust and piles up clothing like dirt,
- righteous people will wear what he piles up,
- and the innocent will divide the silver among themselves.
- He builds his house like a moth,
- like a shack that a watchman makes.
- He may go to bed rich, but he’ll never be rich again.
- When he opens his eyes, nothing will be left.
- Terrors overtake him like a flood.
- A windstorm snatches him away at night.
- The east wind carries him away, and he’s gone.
- It sweeps him from his place.
- It hurls itself at him without mercy.
- He flees from its power.
- It claps its hands over him.
- It whistles at him from his own place.
from God’s Holy Word, Job: 27: 13 – 23
- I don’t condone what Gaddafi did in his lifetime nor do I condone the way he died at the hands of the mob. For more thoughts from Scripture on the death of a wicked man, see my post, What’s Next after Osama Is Gone?
- Compare the mobile phone videos of Gaddafi’s death to the prophecy of the future death of God’s two prophets in Revelation 11. Read more…
- This image is available from Agência Brasil, a public Brazilian news agency through Wikimedia Commons.